Which of the following factors most affects the accuracy of a frequency counter?
- Input attenuator accuracy
- Time base accuracy
- Decade divider accuracy
- Temperature coefficient of the logic
What is the significance of voltmeter sensitivity expressed in ohms per volt?
- The full scale reading of the voltmeter multiplied by its ohms per volt rating will indicate the input impedance of the voltmeter
- When used as a galvanometer, the reading in volts multiplied by the ohms per volt rating will determine the power drawn by the device under test
- When used as an ohmmeter, the reading in ohms divided by the ohms per volt rating will determine the voltage applied to the circuit
- When used as an ammeter, the full scale reading in amps divided by ohms per volt rating will determine the size of shunt needed
Which S parameter is equivalent to forward gain?
Which S parameter represents input port return loss or reflection coefficient (equivalent to VSWR)?
What three test loads are used to calibrate an RF vector network analyzer?
- 50 ohms, 75 ohms, and 90 ohms
- Short circuit, open circuit, and 50 ohms
- Short circuit, open circuit, and resonant circuit
- 50 ohms through 1/8 wavelength, 1/4 wavelength, and 1/2 wavelength of coaxial cable
How much power is being absorbed by the load when a directional power meter connected between a transmitter and a terminating load reads 100 watts forward power and 25 watts reflected power?
- 100 watts
- 125 watts
- 25 watts
- 75 watts
What do the subscripts of S parameters represent?
- The port or ports at which measurements are made
- The relative time between measurements
- Relative quality of the data
- Frequency order of the measurements
Which of the following can be used to measure the Q of a series-tuned circuit?
- The inductance to capacitance ratio
- The frequency shift
- The bandwidth of the circuit's frequency response
- The resonant frequency of the circuit
What is indicated if the current reading on an RF ammeter placed in series with the antenna feed line of a transmitter increases as the transmitter is tuned to resonance?
- There is possibly a short to ground in the feed line
- The transmitter is not properly neutralized
- There is an impedance mismatch between the antenna and feed line
- There is more power going into the antenna
Which of the following methods measures intermodulation distortion in an SSB transmitter?
- Modulate the transmitter using two RF signals having non-harmonically related frequencies and observe the RF output with a spectrum analyzer
- Modulate the transmitter using two AF signals having non-harmonically related frequencies and observe the RF output with a spectrum analyzer
- Modulate the transmitter using two AF signals having harmonically related frequencies and observe the RF output with a peak reading wattmeter
- Modulate the transmitter using two RF signals having harmonically related frequencies and observe the RF output with a logic analyzer
Which of the following can be measured with a vector network analyzer?
- Input impedance
- Output impedance
- Reflection coefficient
- All these choices are correct